This webinar covers basic principles that can be used to guide SBIRT implementation in any site or organization.
Objectives – Learn:
- The importance of developing a vision for your implementation project;
- Ways of assessing an organization’s culture and behavior and why this is important to determining how to implement SBIRT;
- How to do on site observations and develop an effective implementation plan;
- The role of a champion in effectively implementing SBIRT;
- To adapt to the site’s ever changing needs and support effective and ongoing implementation;
- How to address sustainability.
6:50 Intro to SBIRT Implementation, it’s not like a recipe
8:50 Any system that involves humans is complex
9:50 The innovation model
13:43 The importance of creating a vision
15:30 An ideal vision “Every patient receives the correct SBIRT process by the appropriate staff and provider at the right time every time.” This vision tends to work throughout healthcare settings.
19:10 Determining implementation strategy
21:45 Organizational readiness
24:45 Interview criteria to determine organizational readiness
27:15 The power of informal leaders
43:05 Selecting and ranking sites
46:00 Conducting a current conditions/business process analysis
49:00 Determining project vision and goals; specify the work!
51:00 Developing an implementation plan, the four rules of use
54:50 Components of an ideal performance measurement system
58:00 Developing a staff development/training plan
1:03:20 Learning, changing and improving
1:05:45 Run charts
1:09:00 Making it fun, celebrate your victories