Full-time entry level position
IRETA is recruiting a full-time Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will perform data collection, processing and management tasks to support multiple grant – and contract – supported projects as a member of a dynamic interdisciplinary research and evaluation team.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelors Degree in a relevant field, strong interpersonal skills, and some research experience.
- Ability to perform data collection, processing, and management tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to execute routine and recurring tasks with minimal direction.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access) and openness to learning new software programs as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to encounter new information, learn new skills, and solve problems in novel ways.
Starting annual salary is $32,000 with annual cost of living adjustments, merit increases and a benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, a defined contribution 403 (b) retirement account with an employer match, and tuition assistance in a relevant field. Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: Dawn Lindsay, Ph.D., Director of Research and Evaluation, IRETA, 611 William Penn Place, Suite 403, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, or via email at email@example.com
Freelance Writing Opportunities
IRETA is seeking freelance writers to create content for our blog. We post on a wide range of topics related to addiction and substance use, including:
- Local, state and national drug policy
- Nicotine addiction
- Local rates of opioid overdose
- Trauma-informed addiction treatment
- The alcohol-violence link
- Model programs of addiction treatment and/or integrated physical and behavioral healthcare
See ireta.org/blog for more examples.
Blog posts are distributed via email to over 6,000 addiction and allied health and human services professionals and promoted via our social media channels. Freelancing may lead to a more formal media consulting role with IRETA. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about compensation (we will pay you for submissions that we publish) or to pitch a story.
Note: in the articles we write (and post), we aim to use language that does not perpetuate stigma toward people dealing with substance use-related issues. We use the article “Confronting Inadvertant Stigma and Pejorative Language in Addiction Scholarship: A Recognition and Response” as a rough guide to our terminology.