After graduating with a degree in communications and a minor in psychology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Leila first got her start at IRETA working as an intern, before rejoining the team as a full-time staff member. During her absence, Leila spent a year working for a research group at the University of Pittsburgh, focusing on substance use and social media’s influences on mental health and societal attitudes. If you’ve spent time with IRETA’s website, blog posts, newsletters, or Facebook page, you’ve seen Leila’s work. That’s only a partial picture of Leila’s projects at IRETA. No two weeks are the same, a fact that Leila appreciates.
Posts by leilag:
- Substance Use Disorders Among Adolescents and Young Adults, 05 Dec 2018
- Gabapentin, the ‘Chameleon’ Drug: Risks and Response, 28 Aug 2018
- Eliciting Change Talk: Infusing Motivational Interviewing with Intentionality, 03 Apr 2018
- VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines for Management of Substance Use Disorder, 28 Mar 2018
- Referral Can’t Be the Only Solution: SBIRT for People with Alcohol Use Disorders, 04 Dec 2017
- Older Adults Deserve Healthcare That Considers Substance Use, 14 Jun 2017