IRETA brings research and analytical methods to improve substance use services and addiction prevention as they are delivered in the real world. Our research and evaluation projects lead to on-the-ground progress in institutions and enable treatment providers and administrators to better measure quality and track changes.
In this time of greater accountability, providers of addiction treatment services are being called on to demonstrate that they can produce results.
Unfortunately, administrative data systems are often not set up to collect and track outcomes data. IRETA’s Research and Evaluation team will partner with you to make sense of your existing data, and will help you set up ways of effectively tracking outcomes moving forward.
We specialize in needs assessment, program evaluation and performance measurement implementation including process, outcome, and impact evaluations.
- Summarize your historical administrative/treatment data to help you tell the best story about your organization
- Compare your data with county or other reference data
- Perform a pre- and post-implementation analysis
Clinical Guideline Development
Clinical guidelines are one way in which the body of empirical research in an area is translated to practice. IRETA’s Research and Evaluation team has extensive experience working with organizations to create clinical guidelines.
When clinical guidelines are developed using state of the art methods and endorsed by professional organizations, or local or state behavioral health authorities, they stand to improve quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Define the scope of the guideline, utilizing the expertise of clinical champions
- Perform a comprehensive literature review, blending both peer-reviewed research and gray literature into a cohesive summary that includes ratings of the quality of the literature
- Translate literature review findings into draft clinical guideline statements
- Facilitate an expert panel meeting to discuss the guideline statements
- Finalize clinical guidelines that include information about the strength of their underlying evidence
We believe that evaluation services are most effective in the context of organizational commitment to change. To learn more about IRETA’s approach to practice improvement, read an overview of IRETA’s Effective Change Package.
Contact email@example.com with questions about our evaluation services or to discuss your organization’s research and evaluation needs.