IRETA offers a free webinar series every month. The webinars are designed to support Addiction and Allied Health and Human Service Providers, Policy Makers, Advocates, and Researchers interested in evidence-based approaches to substance use.
Stress, Relationships, and Substance Use Disorders: Clinical Applications
Tuesday, January 25 – 12:00-1:30PM EST
Presenter: Dr. Chad Luke
This workshop is Part 2 of a set of presentations on the integration of neuroscience with SUD treatment. Part 1 laid a foundation for ethical practice. Part 2 describes the application of a metaphoric model of neuroscience-informed intervention that participants can put into practice with their clients immediately.
Chad Luke PhD, LPC-MHSP, NCC, ACS, MAC is a Professor at Tennessee Tech University a Licensed Professional Counselor, and Master Addictions Counselor. He is the author of “Neuroscience for Counselors and Therapists: Integrating the Sciences of Brain and Mind”(2nd ed., 2020) and Applying Neuroscience to Counseling Children and Adolescents: A Guide to Brain-Based, Experiential Interventions (2022).
This near-monthly, free webinar series is open to all addiction and allied health and human service providers, as well as policymakers, advocates and researchers interested in evidence-based approaches to substance use.
Please sign up for our Upstream Interventions newsletter to be notified of upcoming webinars.
View our large collection of archived webinars.
CEU Instructions for Online Courses and Webinars
All CEUs and certificates can be found in your myIRETA profile. Please follow the steps below to access your certificate.
- Log in to your myIRETA account at https://my.ireta.org/onlineEd/login/index.php Once you are logged in, you should be on your “Dashboard” page where you will see all the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
- Select the webinar or course for which you are attempting to access a CEU or certificate.
- Once you are on the webinar or course page, scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
- If you have successfully participated in the webinar or course, you will have access to a Certificate of Completion, NAADAC certificate, PCB certificate and information on how to obtain a Social Work certificate (if applicable). Please click on the certificate of your choice.
- If you wish to get a certificate other than social work, the next page will have a blue button that says “Download Certificate.” Click on that button and a PDF window will pop-up with your certificate.
*Please note that it may take our system up to 48 hours to cross-check and verify your attendance on the webinar so you may not be able to access your certificate right away.*
- If you are requesting a Social Work certificate, you will be prompted to pay the $10 fee and then be redirected to complete your request by letting us know how you would like your name to appear on the certificate, as well as a physical mailing address to send the certificate to. The certificate will arrive via mail from The University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.